Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Yummy!

These mittens and hat were made for my 3 year old niece for Christmas. I'm hoping they keep her nice and toasty this winter. There's a request to add a cord to hold the mittens together in her jacket...not sure how long or if it should be crocheted chain or an i-cord...any recommendations? There's a request also to make her a scarf. I have plenty of yarn but, we'll see how much time is left between now and Christmas. It may have to wait until after Christmas. There are adult hats and mittens to be made and hopefully finished before Christmas.



Yarn: Webs Valley Yarns Superwash Grape and Bright Pink

Hat Pattern: Cupcake Hat

Mittens: Snowflake Mittens Knit with both Grape and Bright Pink w/o the snowflake.

The mittens were knit with both Grape and Bright Pink. The cuff is 3" long to help keep them under her sleeve.

My 14 year old niece took the other hat which was just knitted. It was a cable hat knitted with Lions Wool. The hat was going to go to the soup kitchen but, my niece fell in love with it. Just a few weeks ago she insisted she'd never wear a hat. She was too "HOT" for a hat. Little did she realize that she'd love a hat and look good wearing it. She received her afghan today and loved it, (pictures in November 1st posting). She loves the Grape and Bright Pink. She kept saying it's sooooooo soft. She loves the heart pattern of the afghan. She's thrilled her little sister will have a hat and mittens to match her afghan. She'll have a battle keeping her little sister away from her afghan. No afghan in the near future for my 3 year old niece. She received an afghan last Christmas that was crocheted with hearts with a dusty pink yarn.

My mother visited today and showed me she was wearing her Two-Toed Sock from the August 2nd post. These socks were originally going to be a Christmas gift. However, my grandmother past away a couple weeks after they were finished and it was a nice way to brighten her spirits. She's enjoying the socks and hoping for more socks in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the colors! I wouldn't add the cord - strangling safety hazard :( I think you can buy clips that will clip the mittens to the sleeves. I think that is what I used for my daughter at that age. But no long strings.