Friday, March 21, 2008

Little Eggs Big Smiles


Little did I know how much these little eggs would make big smiles on the faces at my son's school. Last weekend, this pattern was posted on a knitting group. To my amazement my 3rd grader fell in love with the idea of Mom knitting 21 eggs for his class. So, off to the store to pick up some Sugar N Cream yarn in his choice colors. It took me all week to knit them. He stuffed them and brought them into school today. So many comments were made regarding the eggs. Several wanted to know how they were made. The knitters wanted the pattern and a few non-knitters want to learn how to knit. Overall, the kids thought they were great. Lots of smiles all around.

Yarn: Sugar N Cream
Needles: 4 DPNs size 6
Pattern modifications: Increases 2nd stitch and decreases 2nd to last stitch on all 3 needles.

1 comment:

YawnOver said...

Cute! I don't know how you had the oompf to make so many, lol!